The classic baseball cap has been around since before most of us can even remember. We throw them on for casual weekend picnics, to cover up a bad hair day, a sprint around the neighborhood or cheering on our favorite team...but this season you may have noticed designers are reinterpreting baseball caps, allowing us to expand how this nostalgic hat speaks to our wardrobe.
From Stella McCartney to Herve Leger...the Fall 2013 runways were peppered with baseball caps in new materials, patterns, and shapes. More noticeably, the caps were paired with non-traditional pieces like sexy cocktail dresses and trend-setting separates. The combo adds a stylish tomboy touch to any femme outfit ala Rihanna or Rita Ora. Think black pencil skirt, cropped sweatshirt or tank, strappy heels, some fun pearls, red nail polish and one of the below!
- Wetseal - Studded Baseball Hat $17
- Frederica Moretti - Handmade Baseball Printed Wool/Felt Hat $137
- Madewell - FairEnds Camo Baseball Hat $48
- Brian Lichtenberg - Feline Baseball Cap $58
- David & Young - Studded Baseball Cap $24
- Karl Lagerfeld - Wool-blend Felt Baseball Cap $59
- DSQUARED - Silk Satin Baseball Hat $525
- Stella McCartney - Wool Baseball Cap $300
- Juicy Couture - Leather Baseball Hat $78
- Toms - Floral Five Panel Hat $32