A great carry-on is a must and with Fashion Week just around the corner, I thought it was fitting to showcase some of the chicest carry-ons out along with a few tips on how to ensure every one of your outfits makes it on the plane...sans baggage claim!
♥Tips for packing a lot into a little bag:
- Choose items that coordinate well together and are easily interchangeable. You end up with more outfit options and if something is stained, ripped or event inappropriate you'll always have a back-up plan.
- Always bring some kind of sweater or coat (depending on the weather) that goes with all the outfits you've packed. Wear it on the plane or hang it over your arm so you don't waste valuable space in your carry-on.
- Burrito rolling works (trust me!) and saves a ton of space. Grab a pillow case or cut up an old sheet (your tortilla), lay it flat and stack each of your shirts on top of each other (the filling). Fold your pillow case with the stack of shirts in half and roll up into a tight burrito. This saves space and helps keep your clothes wrinkle free!
- Pack your heels strategically around the edges of the suitcase. After the shoes are in, I always shove my socks, underwear, belts and curling irons into any free space along the edges of the carry-on that would otherwise go wasted.
- Get a narrow toiletry bag like this one and place it in your bag last, sandwiched between the 2 packed layers (sure, you may have to sit on your carry-on to close it but it works!)